Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Drawing the thirty-third. (Part 1)


A two-parter! Tonight, I just outlined his proportions a bit. The fun part will come tomorrow, shading, little quirks, facial expression and making him look more like a person. I hesitate even to leave it this way, it looks so soulless, but I am tired and I'll finish it tomorrow. Unfortunately, the picture I'm working with is teeny tiny. I'll have to try to look for a bigger version, if only to get the eyes right. Also, tomorrow I'll actually get up and go downstairs to use the scanner. The camera takes less effort, but definitely loses quality. Also...turning on a light might help. Mood lighting isn't great for pictures of white paper. Hmm, also I may have made a mistake in resizing. It looks a little wider than on paper. Oh well, I'll fix it in the final version tomorrow.

This is (going to be) a sketch of Josh Ritter, in case you were wondering. If you haven't heard of him, go look up his music right now. You will only be doing yourself a favor. Also, if you haven't heard of him, clearly you have not spent enough time with me, and you should come hang out right now.

Tonight was a seriously pleasant evening. I've actually caught up on schoolwork for the next day or two, so I've done some serious relaxing today. All night paper-a-thons are not fun, friends. Not fun at all. I took in a hot shower, and now I'm curled up in bed listening to excellent music.

I went to a fun party this weekend, and caught a couple of shows downtown. Live music and happy people. My favorite things. I'm going to attempt to get a few of those happy people I'm thinking of into my life a little more soon.

Technically, my birthday is tomorrow (Wednesday). Woo! Old.
I still have no plans, though! Agh, I need something fun to do.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
.
poll